Ventimiglia was born in Orange County, Californa, the son of Carol née Wilson ) and Peter Ventimiglia. His father is of Sicilian descent and his mother has English, Irish, Scottish, French, and Cherokee Indian ancestry. His last name, Ventimiglia, meaning "twenty miles", is the name of the town of Ventimiglia in Liguria, Italy, which later gave its name to another city, Ventimiglia di Sicilia. The youngest of three children, he has two older sisters, Leslie and Laurel. He has explained in an interview with USA Today that his "crooked mouth" is a result of dead nerves on the left side, which cause that side to remain immobile, much like, incidentally, actor Sylvester Stallone, with whom he worked in Rocky Balboa.
At 18 years of age, Ventimiglia started auditioning, booking jobs, and working his way up. His first starring role was as a gay teenager in Must Be The Music, a short film released as part of Strand Releasing's Boys Life 2 From there, Ventimiglia studied at UCLA before landing a role on The Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air.
From 2001 to 2004, Ventimiglia played brooding teen Jess Mariano on Gilmore Girls. He signed on for a spin-off of Gilmore Girls, entitled Windward Circle, which was going to be focused on the relationship between Jess and his estranged father (played by Rob Estes), but the proposed series never made it to air because of high filming costs. The season 3 episode Here Comes the Son, was the pilot for the California-set spin-off, which would have starred Ventimiglia, Rob Estes and Sherilyn Fenn. Ventimiglia returned to Gilmore Girls for a few episodes in seasons four and six after his 2003 departure.
- ↑ "– Milo Ventimiglia – Yahoo!TV". Tv.yahoo.com. 1977-07-08. http://tv.yahoo.com/milo-ventimiglia/contributor/38190. Retrieved 2011-07-04.
- ↑ http://www.tvguide.com/celebrities/milo-ventimiglia/166819 – Milo Ventimiglia News, Milo Ventimiglia Bio and Photos | TVGuide.com
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Keck, William (2006-12-18). "Yo! Ventimiglia gets into the tough-guy act". USA Today. http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/2006-12-18-milo-ventimiglia_x.htm. Retrieved 2006-12-21.
- ↑ Ventimiglia, Milo (2002-05-14). "Milo Ventimiglia AOL Chat". AOL. http://asianfanatics.net/forum/lofiversion/index.php/t21610.html. Retrieved 2007-11-04.
- ↑ Must Be the Music (1996) - IMDb
- ↑ Morrow, Terry (2006-12-20). "Ventimiglia moves from super-rebel to superhero". Scripps Howard News Service. http://www.shns.com/shns/g_index2.cfm?action=detail&pk=STARGAZING-12-20-06. Retrieved 2007-01-07.